|16 oz. penne pasta– boiled al dente||1 jalapeño chopped in small pieces|
|20 oz. Light or Regular Ragu Alfredo Sauce ( additional sauce can be used if you prefer creamier pasta)||1/4th cup chopped green onion|
|3 bell peppers Sliced ( I like to cut them equal to the size of the penne)||2 chicken breast cut in small pieces|
|1 4.5 oz. jar sliced mushroom ( or fresh )||3 tbsp. oil|
|Salt and Black Pepper to taste||1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste|
This dish makes enough to serve 4-6 people easily however you can effortlessly customize it for smaller parties. I ordinarily make the whole batch nonetheless and use it for lunch for a couple days.
- On medium heat, Heat oil in large pan and add chicken and ginger garlic paste
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp salt, mix, Cover and let chicken cook in own juices. Add additional water if necessary
- Once cooked, remove chicken in plate
- Add Bell Peppers and jalapeños to same pan and sauté on medium for 2-3 minutes. ( can add additional oil if needed for sautéing)
- Add 1/4th tsp salt, 1/4th tsp black pepper, 1/4th cup water and Cook covered on medium heat until peppers soften
- Add Mushrooms and fry with peppers until flavors combine
- Add in Chicken and green onions and fry additional 2-3 minutes
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste
- Add in Alfredo sauce and pasta in parts to adjust sauce to mixture ratio according to preference
- Stir thoroughly
- Serve hot!
Note: I love this recipe because it is so versatile. You can add whatever veggies you like and however much or however little Alfredo sauce you want to adjust according to your preferences. I do however find that the green onion and the Jalapeños are vital to the flavoring of this dish but can be reduced to adjust spice levels.