|1 ½ cups all purpose flour||1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|¾ cup white granulated sugar||1 egg|
|½ teaspoon salt||1/3 cup milk|
|2 teaspoons baking powder**||1 cup fresh blueberries|
|For cinnamon topping:|
|½ cup white granulated sugar||¼ cup butter softened and cubed|
|1/3 cup all purpose flour||1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into muffin pan filling each cup to the top
- In separate bowl, Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix completely with fork
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture generously over muffins
- Bake for 22 minutes or until muffins have set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
I used 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. The lemons acid added to the basic nature of baking soda results in bubbles which results in fluffier muffins. I learned this replacement tip a while ago and it worked out great for muffins. You can see that this is what I use in the Snickerdoodle recipe and it works out great for them too.